Thursday 19 November 2009

Queen's Brian May: 'I love Muse's 'The Resistance''

Queen's Brian May has lauded Muse's latest album.

The guitarist praised 'The Resistance', which many critics and fans have said owes a big debt to the sound of the British veterans.

"I love it, I think it's great stuff," May told BBC News. "I think they're very good boys and extremely talented, and like us they have their tongue in cheek a lot of the time."

The Queen man added he had met Muse on several occasions and they had cited his band as an inspiration.

"They said they liked us and that we've been an influence, which is obviously nice for someone like me to hear," he recalled.

"They are extraordinary musicians. Real virtuosos - much more than I am. I like the way they let their madness show through, always a good thing in an artist."

No comments:

Post a Comment