Friday 26 June 2009

Muse Music Style

Most of the Muse songs are known by lead vocalist Matthew Bellamy's falsetto and use of vibrato. As a guitarist, Bellamy often utilises arpeggio and pitch-shift effects to make a more "electric" sound, citing Jimi Hendrix and Tom Morello as effect for this method.
Black Holes & Revelations was influenced by different types of European and Asian music. "I've been listening to many of music from the south of Italy on this album", Bellamy admits. "I've been living in Italy for a while, and I discovered this music from Naples, which sounds like a mix of music from Africa, Croatia, Turkey, and Italy. It kind of gives it a mystical sound, so I think that's one thing that influenced the album. I like being influenced by things that have a mixed style".


No comments:

Post a Comment